Apple Rum Stew Dumplings
Date Added: Jul 8, 2011 American Desserts
Chef Johnny Vee shows a great fall dessert with apples. His Apple Rum Stew Dumplings dessert is perfect for any cool Autumn evening.
- 1/4 Cup(s) Butter
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Cinnamon
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Nutmeg
- ¼ Tea Spoon(s) Cloves, ground
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Maple Syrup
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Brown sugar
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Dark Rum
- 8 Each Apples-Granny Smith or other firm fleshed apple
- Peel and quarter your apples.
- Mix butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, maple syrup and brown sugar into a pot and bring to simmer.
- Next add the dark rum and allow it to simmer for a minute.
- Place the peeled & cut apples in a baking dish and pour your mixture over.
- Mix your apples well and place in a 375 degree per heater oven.
- Let the apples bake covered for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, raise temperature to 425 degrees and add your dumplings to the top of your apples. Let cook for 20 minutes uncovered. See accompanying recipe for dumplings recipe.