Baked Parmesan Crisps
Date Added: Sep 22, 2011 Italian Appetizers
Parmesan crisps are delicious, easy to prepare and make an impressive presentation. They can also be served with cocktails or wine, filled with your favorite filling for appetizers, or as a garnish with main courses or salads.
- 1/2 Cup(s) Parmesan
- Grate cheese on the big hole side of a 4-sided box grater.
- Place cheese on a baking sheet covered with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Flatten out cheese mounds so they are in an even pile.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden. It happens fast, so watch carefully.
- If you want to mold them into a shape, you need to work fast and you have to shape them while still warm.
- When the cheese starts to turn golden brown, remove from the oven and place over any (flipped upside down) bowl you would normally use.
- Allow couple of minutes for your parmesan crisps to cool before removing.
Any hard cheeses, such as Parmesan, Romano, Asagio, etc, will make a crisp but the dried powdery stuff doesn't work for this.