Beets Baked in Salt Dough
Date Added: Jan 19, 2012 American Side dishes
Chef Atli shows you a great way to wrap beets in a salty dough mixture. It locks in the flavors and acts as a great side dish.
- 17 1/2 Ounce(s) Weight Flour
- 5 1/4 Ounce(s) Weight Coarse salt
- 3/4 Cup(s) Water
- 1 Each Egg
- 1 Each Red beet
- To make the dough, mix the flour, coarse salt, water and egg.
- Next wrap the beet with the dough.
- Place the wrapped beet in the oven for one hour at 160 degrees Celsius or 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After one hour remove the wrapped beet from the oven and allow it to cool down for one hour.
- Next remove the dough wrapping and peel the outer layer of the beet before serving.