Date Added: May 13, 2010 American Snacks
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Chicken drumsticks coated in a honey mustard mixture with flavor packed crumbs and then baked to a crisp perfection. A fun appetizer for adults or just for the kids to snack on. Serve with a variety of dipping sauces.
- 12 Tea Spoon(s) Chicken Drumsticks, skin off
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Kosher Salt
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/3 Cup(s) Honey Mustard Dressing (bottled)
- First remove the skin from the drumsticks. Then stand drumsticks on the wide end holding the narrow bone at the top use a paring knife to push & scrape the meat downward to expose the bone & make a plump "lollipop" of chicken at bottom.
- In a pan season your lollipop's with salt & pepper & set aside.
- Making bread crumbs mixture: Place your garlic parsley scallions in a food processor & pulse until finely chopped. Ensure you don't pulse too long that it turns into a paste then in a bowl add in your bread crumbs & mix. Next add your salt & pepper.
- mix in melted butter into your honey mustard dressing then brush each drumstick & press & roll each one in the breadcrumbs to coat. Put drumsticks on a rack over a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375-400 degrees. Roast until chicken is cooked & the breadcrumbs are golden brown & crisp around 30 minutes. Serve drumsticks hot or room temperature with dipping sauce. You can use a honey mustard duck sauce etc.