Date Added: Jul 6, 2011 Italian Entrees
Chef Jameson Mello prepares the classic Italian dish Chicken Picatta.
- 1/2 Cup(s) Flour
- As Needed Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup(s) Chardonnay
- 3 Each 3 oz. Chicken cutlets
- 1/2 Cup(s) Chicken stock
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Unsalted butter
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Pepper chino or chilli flake
- 1 Each Anchovy
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Parsley
- To Taste Kosher salt
- To Taste Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Garlic, chopped
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Capers
- 3 Each Fresh lemon slices
- Ensure your sauté pan is hot by placing it on a medium to hot flame.
- Next add olive oil followed by your anchovy. Allow the anchovy to melt into the oil. Once melted add the Pepper chino or chili flake.
- Flour the chicken lightly on each side and place in the pan. Allow the chicken to cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until brown on both sides.
- Next add chopped garlic, capers and lemon slices. Do not place the lemon slices on the chicken, instead letting them sit on the pan itself.
- Add the chardonnay and allow it to reduce down by half.
- Add your chicken stock and allow it to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Next add butter, fresh parsley and salt and pepper.
- If you want to serve with pasta, add your cooked pasta into the pan and mix allowing the flavors to combine.