Date Added: Feb 24, 2011 South American Sauces
This chimichurri recipe is made with parsley, shallots, red peppers, garlic, oil, red vinegar and red pepper flakes. chimichurri sauce can be used as a marinade for grilled meat and/or as a sauce on your grilled skirt steak.
- 2 Each Parsley bunch, Italian flat leaf
- 6 Each Garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Each Shallots, chopped
- 1 Each Red bell pepper, chopped
- 12 Fluid ounce(s) Olive oil
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Red wine vinegar
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Lemon juice
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Red pepper flakes
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Pepper
- Place parsley, garlic, shallots and bell pepper in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to chop.
- Fine scraping down the sides.
- While the motor is running, pour in the olive oil then the vinegar and lemon juice to form a smooth paste.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Adjust the seasoning.