Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cake recipe
Date Added: Mar 3, 2011 American Baking and Pastry
This is a very rich and so delicious chocolate caramel pecan cake recipe. You will not be disappointed with this recipe and neither will your guests. This cake is great served with ice cream or whipped cream.
- 5 1/4 Ounce(s) Weight Butter, melted
- 7 1/8 Ounce(s) Weight Chocolate, dark
- 6 Each Eggs
- 18 3/8 Ounce(s) Weight Sugar
- 6 1/4 Ounce(s) Weight Flour, all purpose
- Melt butter and chocolate.
- Slowly add the melted butter to the melted chocolate and continuously stirring.
- In another bowl whisk eggs and sugar to a soft peak.
- Now combine the two mixtures. Slowly add the egg and sugar mix to the butter chocolate mixture.
- mix well.
- Now sift the flour and add to the mixture.
- mix well.
- Cover the bottom of your baking pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 12 min at 175 C (350 F).
- Now get ready to make the caramel.
- Pour caramel on top of your cake so that you have a thin layer covering the entire surface.
- Crush pecans on top of caramel.
- Bake again for 12 min at 175 C (350 F).
- Once you take the cake out of the oven pad the surface gently for a more dense texture.
- Let cake rest and cool for a few minutes before serving.
- This cake is great with ice cream, strawberries and caramel sauce.