Date Added: Jul 31, 2011 American Baking and Pastry
Everyone needs a simple and reliable chocolate cupcake recipe and this is it. This is a rich and moist but basic recipe, made with ingredients you will most likely have in your cabinet at home.
- 2 Cup(s) Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup(s) All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup(s) Cocoa Powder, insweetened
- 1 ½ Tea Spoon(s) Baking Powder
- 1 ½ Tea Spoon(s) Baking Soda
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Salt
- 2 Each Eggs
- 1 Cup(s) Milk
- 1/2 Cup(s) Vegetable oil
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup(s) Water, boiling
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease two 9 inch round baking pans.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water. Please note the batter will be thin.
- Fill cupcake paper cups 2/3 with batter.
- Bake for 22 tol 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into the middle come out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and frost.
- Makes about 24 cupcakes.