Cockles and Mussels with garlic and wine
Date Added: Apr 22, 2011 American Appetizers
This is a very fast and easy recipe. If you like mussels and cockles, you will like this recipe. Watch Chef Mark Anthony Bynum make mussels and cockles with whole cloves of garlic, fish stock and white wine.
- 12 Each Cockles
- 12 Each Mussels
- Tea Spoon(s) Olive oil
- 15 Tea Spoon(s) Garlic, cloves
- ⅛ Tea Spoon(s) Fish stock
- ¼ Tea Spoon(s) White wine
- Pinch Red pepper, crushed
- 12 Each Tomatoes, grape
- Pinch Parsley, fresh
- Saute whole garlic cloves until light golden brown.
- Add cockles to Saute pan.
- Add fish stock and close Saute pan to create steam and for the cockles to open.
- Add mussels, white wine and crushed red pepper to the mix.
- Close Saute pan for 2 minutes.
- Place cockles and mussels onto a serving plate.
- Take Saute pan with garlic and broth back to the stove and bring up to temperature.
- Add grape tomatoes and parsley to the broth and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour tomatoes, garlic and broth over the cockles and mussels.
- Nice toasted focaccia bread goes great with this dish.
- Serve and enjoy!