Croque Monsieur Sandwich
A croque-monsieur is a hot ham and cheese (typically emmental or gruyère) grilled sandwich. It originated in France as a fast-food snack served in cafés and bars.
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Sourdough bread, slices
- 2 Each Ham, slices
- 2 Each Cheese, slices
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Béchamel sauce
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Butter
- As Needed Oil, for frying
- Spoon the béchamel sauce to the tops of both bread slices.
- Place ham and cheese on top of the bechamel.
- Close to make a sandwhich.
- Spread a little bit of butter on both outsides of sandwich.
- Place the sandwich on a medium hot frying pan.
- Brown each side.
- Bake in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes at 350 F.
- Serve and enjoy
In some places the béchamel sauce is placed on top of the sandwich instead of inside. If that's how you want to do it, you can add the béchamel sauce after browning the sandwich on the pan and before baking it in the oven. Sprinkle parmesan or gruyere cheese on top of béchamel sauce and Brown in oven.