Cured Goose Salad
Date Added: Jan 19, 2012 Scandinavian Appetizers
Chef Sigurður's wild cured goose salad is a fantastic mixture of a lightly salted cured meat and a sweet pop of orange flavor. This recipe has a great application as a appetizer or a starter salad and is a great dish for the Christmas Holidays.
- 1 Each Orange
- 3 Ounce(s) Weight Wild cured goose
- 1 Each Endive
- As Needed Rapeseed oil
- 1/8 Cup(s) Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup(s) Orange juice
- As Needed Coriander
- As Needed Water crest
- Begin by peeling the orange and cutting it into segments.
- Place 1 endive in a vacuum sealable bag with olive oil and orange juice.
- Next seal the bag and cook it in a water bath or Sous-vide at 100 degrees Celsius, or 210 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes.
- Next place the endive on a hot grill for 30 seconds on each side.
- Once grilled slice the endive and cured goose for plating.
- Dress the cured goose with rapeseed oil before plating.
- Dress some endives with rapeseed oil.
- Using the endives, water crest and coriander dress the plate.
- Spice bread crumbs are a nice accompaniment with the salad.