Dairy Free Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Date Added: Dec 18, 2011 American Side dishes
This dairy Free Butternut Squash Soup recipe is thick, rich and loaded with flavor but light in calories. Chef Tony makes not only the flavors pop but also the color.
- 1 Each Butternut squash, cubed
- 2 Each Carrots, cubed
- 2 Each Celery stalks, cubed
- 1 Each Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Each Medium potato, cubed
- 4 Cup(s) Vegetable or chicken stock
- As Needed Olive oil
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- Cut the butternut squash, carrots, celery and onions into cubes.
- Place cubed butternut squash, carrots, celery and onions on a roasting pan and coat with olive oil and sea salt.
- roast in a 325 degree oven until soft and golden brown (roughly 30 min.). Remove from oven.
- In a large pot coated with olive oil add the roasted vegetables, chicken stock, potatoes. Allow this to cook on medium heat until soft, for about 20-30 minutes.
- Next use a immersion blender or burr stick to puree all the ingredients until it is a silky or creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, bring back to a simmer, before serving garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.