Eggplant Adovado burrito
Date Added: Aug 30, 2011 Southwestern Appetizers
- 8 Cup(s) Eggplant
- 1/4 Cup(s) Chile caribe, crushed
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Ground mild chile
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Ground hot chile
- 4 Each Gralic cloves, crushed
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Toasted ground cumin
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Mexican oregano
- 1 ½ Tea Spoon(s) Salt
- 2 Cup(s) Water
- 1 Each Lime juice
- Using a bread knife cut off the top and bottom of the eggplant.
- Then stand the eggplant right side up and using your knife peel off the skin, leaving as much of the fresh on as possible.
- Next cut into 2 inch cubes.
- Place the cut eggplant in a colander for 20 minutes to drain it. This will remove the bitter juice of the eggplant.
- Next fry the eggplant in a wok with vegetable oil at 350 degrees. It is done once it is golden brown.
- To make your sauce place all ingredients into a blender and blend for 15 seconds.
- Once your eggplant is golden brown remove from oil and drain on a paper towel for a few minutes.
- Next place the eggplant in a casserole dish cheddar cheese, sour cream and sprigs of fresh cilantro.