Farfalle Primavera Recipe
Date Added: Dec 18, 2011 Italian Entrees
Chef Antonino Scarpati (Chef Tony) shows you a fantastic, healthy family meal that all will enjoy. This is a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables. Farfalle Primavera, full of colors and taste. Enjoy!!
- 1 Pound(s) Farfalle pasta (for a healthier dish, use multi grain pasta)
- 1 Each Zucchini
- 1 Each Yellow squash
- 1 Each Vidalia or red onion
- 1 Cup(s) String beans
- 1 Cup(s) Broccoli
- 1 Each Carrot
- 1 Cup(s) Cherry tomatoes
- 2 Each Garlic cloves
- To Taste Olive oil, salt +pepper
- Start by chopping and slicing all vegetables.
- Briefly steam carrots, beans and broccoli to Al Dente & set aside.
- In a large frying pan add the olive oil and garlic.
- On medium heat add yellow squash, zucchini and onions.
- Once these caramelize, add the steamed broccoli, beans and carrots.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the frying pan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For the pasta, bring a large pot of water to a boil, add plenty of salt before adding pasta. Cook pasta Al Dente.
- Drain and add pasta to the vegetables in the frying pan, mix well.
- Serve and enjoy. Parmigiano???