Fish stock recipe
This is an easy fish stock recipe and also a great way to use bones and head from a whole fish. Homemade fish stock is always best and can be used for so many different applications. This is a great base for soup, chowder, risotto or mussels. You can use any kind of white fish for this recipe, but avoid oily fish like salmon.
- 1 Each Celery stalk
- 1 Each Onion, medium sized
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Carrot, medium sized
- 2 Each White fish bones, any kind
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Tomatoes, medium sized
- 2 Each Thyme, springs
- 4 Quart(s) Water
- Roughly cut the vegetable.
- Cut whole fish bones into halves.
- Add all ingredient including water into a large pot and bring to boil.
- Once boiling point has been reached lower to simmer for 1 hour.
- It is important that you bring the temperature down, because the fish stock will turn cloudy if left on boiling.
- Strain the stock.
- Now you have created a fish stock that can be used for various applications.