Frisee Salad Recipe
Date Added: May 3, 2012 Scandinavian Salads
No Related Video Recipes Available.
- 2 Each Fingerling potatoes
- 2 Each Frisee heads
- 3 Each Bacon slices
- 1/4 Cup(s) Danish blue cheese
- ½ Table Spoon(s) Bacon fat
- 1 Each Quail egg, poached
- Pinch Olive oil
- Pinch Sea salt
- As Needed Chives
- 1 Each Shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Sherry vinegar
- To assemble the salad trim off the bottom of the frisee and remove any discolored pieces.
- Next place in a bowl and add the blue cheese.
- Par boil or boil half way the fingerling potatoes and cut them into slices.
- Cook the bacon and cut into 1/2 inch pieces, reserving the bacon fat.
- In a saute pan on medium heat add the bacon fat, bacon and fingerling potatoes.
- Cook for a few minutes and then add the thinly sliced shallots. If you add them to early they will burn.
- While cooking add a pinch of sugar.
- When the potatoes get a nice brown color deglaze by adding the sherry vinegar. Be careful not to burn yourself when adding the sherry vinegar.
- Add the warm mixture to the bowl with the frisee and blue cheese and toss.
- Poach quail egg or any egg of your choice.
- Plate the salad mixture up and place the poached egg on top.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, olive oil, chives and enjoy..