Garlic Zucchini Soup
Date Added: Oct 28, 2010 American Appetizers
- 6 Table Spoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1 Each Onion, diced
- 10 Each Garlic Cloves
- 2 Each Large Idaho Potatoes, diced
- 2 Quart(s) Chicken Stock
- 3 1/2 Cup(s) Zucchini, medium diced
- 3 Cup(s) Squash, medium diced
- 4 Each Basil Leaves
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- On medion heat add oil, diced onions and garlic cloves to sauce pan.
- You want to brown the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- De-seed and medium dice your zucchini and squash.
- After the onions and garlic are browned add the diced potatoes and chicken stock.
- After roughly 20 minutes when the potatoes are soft, reduce the heat and puree.
- Next add the medium diced zucchini and squash.
- Let cook for 20 minutes.
- Next chiffonade your basil and add to soup.
- With salt and pepper taste and adjust.
- When serving, garnish with basil.