Date Added: Feb 26, 2012 French Breakfast
Hollandaise sauce is an emulsion of egg yolk and butter. Chef Fannar seasons his hollandaise sauce with lemon juice, salt and a little bit of truffle infused oil. The flavor is rich and buttery and the texture is smooth and creamy.
- 2 Each Egg yolk
- 7 1/8 Ounce(s) Weight Clarified butter
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Truffle oil
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Cider vinegar
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Lemon juice
- Pinch Salt
- Heat egg yolks in a pot and whisk, be careful not to scramble the eggs!
- Add cider vinegar.
- While whisking, slowly add the clarified butter.
- It is important that the butter is the same temperature as the eggs.
- Season with salt.
- Add truffle oil and fresh lemon juice to add a little tang to the sauce.
- The sauce is ready when it has thickened up and is light yellow, smooth and creamy.