How to Make Chocolate Easter Bunnies
See how Chocolatier Lee Perrotta makes a hollow chocolate Easter bunny.
It is fun to make your own chocolate bunny, you can add your own twist and choose dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate or a swirly combination. You can also add ingredients like nuts or rice krispies to make your chocolate bunny original.
- 1 Pound(s) Tempered Chocolate (Peter's, Callebut, or even compound)
- Clamp the two molds together using binder clips and rubber band.
- Pour your chocolate mixture into your clamped together bunny mold.
- Tip and turn the mold to ensure that all sides are coated and have a thin layer of chocolate.
- Pour out excess chocolate.
- Place the bunny into the freezer for 10 minutes or until the bunny has become solid.
- Apply 2 more coats of melted chocolate or until you have reached the desired thickness for your bunny.
- Unmold the bunny and trim off any excess chocolate along the seam line with a sharp knife.