How To Fondant a Cake
Date Added: Sep 13, 2010 Other Desserts
Are you trying to make a cake that is perfectly smooth without wrinkles and air bubbles? If yes, then covering your cake with fondant is your answer!
- As Needed Fondant
- Prepare cake by covering with about 1/8 of an inch of buttercream icing and refrigerate the before applying the fondant.
- Knead the fondant until it reaches a workable consistency, then roll it out with an rolling pin. Roll it out to a size that will cover your cake.
- Gently lift fondant over rolling pin and position on the cake.
- Shape fondant to the sides of the cake and gently smooth down the fondant with circular upwards motion. Then run your fingers around the seam of the cake and trim off excess fondant with a knife.
- You can use smoother fondant tool to get rid of any lumps. If an air bubble appears, insert a pin on an angle, release air and smooth the area again.