How to make pie dough
Date Added: May 25, 2010 Cooking Techniques Baking and Pastry
How to make pie dough for any great pie; apple, blueberry etc.
- 1 ½ Cup(s) Flour
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Salt
- ½ Each beaten egg
- ½ Cup(s) Butter
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ Cup(s) Iced water
- In a bowl mix flour and salt together, then add thinly slice COLD butter.
- Use a pastry blender to work the butter into the flour until it represents pea shape sizes.
- Then create a well (straight mixing method) and add half of a beaten egg, apple cider vinegar and ice water. Cover the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients from the outside of the well before you mix. Then mix with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Put ingredients on the counter top, use your hands to press the dough together and keep flipping. Flatten dough into a disk shape and let sit in the refrigerator for an hour before rolling your dough.