No Related Video Recipes Available.
How to stuff a Zucchini
Date Added: Apr 9, 2010 Knife Skills Vegetable
How to Prepare a Zucchini for stuffing.
- 1 Each Zucchini
- 1/8 Fluid ounce(s) Thinned honey, or fruit jelly for brushing
- Select a squash that is relatively straight.
- from garden or market, wash under cool water.
- remove ends, cut in half lengthwise.
- Using French knife, shave, or, remove enough peel on bottom half, so squash will lay level on serving plate.
- Remove seeds by scoring seed hull with paring knife, remove seed hull with melon ball-er, or spoon. Be careful, not to cut through hull of squash.
- Optional: Coat (brush) the squash with a flavorful mixture. A thinned honey, apricot, red currant, or other light colored jelly or preserve.
- Stuff the seed hollow of the zucchini with a pre-cooked stuffing, chef's choice, and bake until the squash is just fork tender.
- Suggestions for stuffing: South West, re-fried, or black bean paste with chile's and jalapenos, North East: Apples, cranberries & walnuts, Mediterranean, couscous & veggies, mushroom & pasta, sausage & rice, Crabmeat & cornbread.