This is a great recipe for langoustine broth, you can use this broth as a base for sauce or soup. You can further reduce this broth, add a little bit of butter and use as a sauce for any fish. Then you can call it a reduction and all of your friends will think you are quite the chef!
- 12 1/4 Ounce(s) Weight Langoustine shells
- As Needed Water
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Tomato puree
- Roast langoustine shells for 20 min at 220C (430F)
- Place in a pot and crush the shells.
- You know they are ready if they break easily.
- Add enough water to cover the shells.
- Add Tomato puree.
- Simmer for 20 min.
- Pass through a sieve.
- To intensify the flavor of the broth bring back to stove and reduce by half.
- You can use this broth as a base for sauce or soup.
- reduce this broth even further, add some butter and you have just made an intensly flavored reduction that will go great with any fish.