Lime Ice Cream with Green Chile Strips
Date Added: Sep 17, 2011 Southwestern Desserts
Chef Johhny Vee shows you how to make fresh delicious lime ice cream.
- 2 Cup(s) Heavy cream
- 1 Cup(s) Milk
- 1/4 Cup(s) Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 Cup(s) Key lime juice
- 1 Cup(s) Sugar
- 2 Each Lime zest
- In a bowl zest 2 limes by rotating the lime around a micorplane.
- In a separate bowl mix the freshly squeezed lime juice and key lime juice.
- Next mix the remaining ingredients; heavy cream, milk and sugar with the lime zest.
- Then slowly add the lime juice mixture, make sure your ice cream maker bowl has been sitting in the freezer so it is ready to go.
- Start the machine and slowly add your mixture.
- Freeze ice cream mixture according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Scoop the ice cream in a bowl, place the chile strips on top and enjoy!