Date Added: Dec 18, 2011 American Appetizers
Chef Tony's mussels recipe is a simple but delicious dish. It's a great appetizer you can put together quickly and it will impress your guests every time.
- 2 Pound(s) Fresh mussels
- 1 Cup(s) Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 Each Fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Cup(s) White wine
- To Taste Hot pepper crushed
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Olive oil
- As Needed Italian parsley, to garnish
- In a large pot put olive oil, garlic and (crushed pepper if wanted) & bring to a sizzle.
- Add mussels, give it a stir and cover.
- The mussels will start to open almost immediately.
- After a minute or two, add tomatoes and wine and cover again.
- Let it simmer until all the shells have opened.
- Add some roughly chopped parsley and it’s ready to serve, juice and all.
- Don’t forget some nice country bread, Buon Appetito!