Date Added: Oct 31, 2010 American Appetizers
This Pumpkin Gnocchi recipe by Chef Michael Carrino contains pureed pumpkin and ricotta cheese turned into delicious gnocchi, saute in butter. A perfect fall meal.
- 1 Cup(s) Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup(s) Ricotta Cheese
- 1 3/4 Cup(s) Flour
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Mace (nutmeg can be substituted)
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Salt
- 1 Each Egg
- 1 Each Egg Yolk
- ½ Table Spoon(s) Butter, unsalted
- ½ Table Spoon(s) Oil
- Mix eggs, pumpkin puree and ricotta cheese until smooth.
- Add mace and salt, taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Fold in flour in thirds with spatula.
- Place flour mixture into piping bag with a large round tip.
- Let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Pipe out gnocchi mixture onto a floured cutting board and roll gently in flour to coat the entire gnocchi mixture.
- Cut to preferred size and place on a floured cookie sheet.
- Place gnocchi in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Blanch in boiling salted water until the gnocchi float.
- Add butter and oil to a hot non stick saute pan.
- Once butter is melted add gnocchi to pan and sauté quickly to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!