Pumpkin Panna Cotta Recipe
Date Added: Dec 18, 2011 Italian Desserts
This Pumpkin Panna Cotta recipe will turn your Halloween party into a success. Sweet and beautifully served in a hollowed out pumpkin.
- 4 Tea Spoon(s) Unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 Cup(s) Cold water
- 4 Cup(s) Heavy cream, divided
- 3/4 Cup(s) Brown sugar
- 1 Each Vanilla bean
- 1 Cup(s) Pumpkin flesh
- In a small roasting pan, roast the pumpkin flesh in a 350 degree oven until caramelized (aprox 15 min).
- Puree and pass through a sieve to remove any stringiness and set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan. Left soften about 5 minutes, melt over low heat.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of the cream, vanilla bean (split) and brown sugar to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove the vanilla bean, scrap the seeds into the mixture and discard the pod. Add the pumpkin Puree and whisk.
- Remove from heat and whisk in gelatin mixture and remaining cream. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour mixture into 8 six oz. ramekins (or as we did on the video to make more festive, hollowed out mini pumpkins and pomegranate shells)
- Put in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Serve with some homemade mixed berry sauce or one our favorites, red wine poached pears (recipe for the poached pears available upon request on idealchef.com.