Date Added: Feb 28, 2012 American Side dishes
Pureed or mashed cauliflower is a great substitute for mashed potatoes. Low in carbs and high in nutrients, goes great with white fish or even pork.
- 1 Each Cauliflower, head
- 2 5/8 Ounce(s) Weight Butter
- Pinch Salt
- 1 1/8 Cup(s) Cream
- Roughly chop a head of cauliflower.
- In a pot melt butter and add roughly chopped cauliflower.
- Season with salt.
- Cover with aluminum foil and keep on medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until cauliflowers becomes tender.
- Add cream and let reduce for couple of minutes.
- Using a hand blender puree. You can also place the mixture in a blender if you do not have a hand blender.