Russian Potato Salad
Ensalada Rusa or Russian Salad is a popular dish in Uruguay and other Latin American countries. This potato salad recipe is made with potatoes, hard boiled eggs, scallions, carrots, peas, corn kernels, herbs and mayonnaise. This salad is great for picnics and is an excellent side dish for any meat/poultry/seafood dish.
- 3 Pound(s) Potatoes, boiled and diced
- 3 Each Eggs, hard boiled, peeled, diced
- 4 Ounce(s) Weight Peas, blanched, chilled
- 4 Ounce(s) Weight Corn kernels, blanched, chilled
- 4 Ounce(s) Weight Carrots, diced, blanched, chilled
- 8 Ounce(s) Weight Mayonnaise
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Scallions
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Parsley, Italian flat leave, chopped
- 1 Table Spoon(s) White vinegar
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Sugar
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Pepper
- Combine the sugar and vinegar to dissolve.
- Wash and boil the potatoes until tender, drain, spread on a sheet pan to cool.
- When cool, peel and dice potatoes.
- dice the hard boiled eggs.
- Pour vinegar mixture over potatoes and stir gently then fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Correct the seasoning.
*Optional: 4 oz cooked diced and chilled beets may be added to this salad