Salted Caramel Ice-cream
Date Added: Feb 27, 2012 American Desserts
- 11 7/8 Ounce(s) Weight Sugar
- 3/8 Cup(s) Water
- 15 1/4 Ounce(s) Weight Heavy Cream
- 15 1/4 Ounce(s) Weight Milk
- 7 1/8 Ounce(s) Weight Egg Yolks
- 1/3 Ounce(s) Weight Salt
- 50 Tea Spoon(s) Sugar
- Melt the sugar in water to make the caramel.
- Once the sugar begins to darken and turn amber-colored it is ready.
- In another pot, heat milk and cream together and bring to boil.
- Slowly add the milk/cream mixture to the caramel and mix well.
- Add salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk egg yolks and sugar together.
- Next add egg yolk mixture to the cream mixture and heat for 2 minutes.
- Careful not to bring to boil.
- Once mixture has thickened it is ready.
- Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve and Enjoy!