Sea bass Grilled in Banana Leaf
Date Added: Jun 13, 2012 Thai Entrees
This a a great healthy Thai dish of grilled sea bass in a banana leaf. It's bursting with flavor!
- 1 Each Sea bass 6 OZ
- 2 Each Banana leaf
- 2 Each Lemongrass stalks
- 4 Each Lime slices, skin removed
- 3 Each Dill stalks
- As Needed Sea salt
- 4 Each Coin-sized slices of galangal (or ginger, if galangal is not available
- 1 Each Banana leaf, cut in half
- Bruise the lemongrass stalks in a mortar and pestle or with the butt-end of a knife.
- Arrange 2 slices of lime on the banana leaf, along with two coins of galangal, a sprig of dill, and two slices of lime.
- Place fish skin-side down, then repeat the process on top of the fish, also salting the non-skin side of the fish generously.
- Then, gently roll the fish in the leaf 3-4 times, in a tube shape, and tie a small strip of the leaf around the bundle to fasten.
- Grill over charcoal or gas for about 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until water begins to drip out of the leaf. The fish should be cooked through. Do not worry about burning the leaf. Afterwards, open the leaf, push herbs to the side, and serve with a sauce of coriander, mint, garlic, fish sauce and sugar.