Smoked Herring Rollatini with Lobster tar tar
Date Added: Jun 13, 2012 Scandinavian Appetizers
Watch chef Fridleifur put together this creative appetizer. He combines different flavors and textures in his smoked herring rollatini with Lobster tar tar.
- Each Herring fillet
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Cream cheese
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Dill, chopped
- ¼ Tea Spoon(s) Pureed Horseradish
- Start with cleaning off the skin and extra fat of the herring fillets.
- Place fillet between plastic films and press down with a wide knife or a flat tool.
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, dill and horseradish to make the filling.
- Move the herring fillet to a new plastic film.
- Now spread the cream cheese filling on top of the herring fillet.
- Wrap the plastic film around the herring fillet and roll up tightly.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut the plastic film off on one side and slide the rollatini out.
- Cut in half.
- Spread Demerara sugar on top of rollatini and use a torch to caramelize.