Snails in Garlic Butter
Date Added: Feb 12, 2012 French Appetizers
Watch chef Olof make snails in garlic butter, a classic French dish that will impress your guests.
- 6 Each Snails
- 7 Tea Spoon(s) Garlic Butter (Butter, garlic and parsley)
- 6 Each Snail shells
- As Needed Garlic Bread
- Snails are sold already cooked, cleaned, and canned, with their sterilized shells in a separate package.
- Drain and rinse canned snails.
- Press one snail into each shell and cover with the garlic butter.
- Using an oven proof escargot dish, place 1 snail in each perforation.
- Add a dab of butter on top of the snails.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 min at 180 C or 350 F.
- Serve with lots of garlic bread.
**Snail tongs and cocktail forks work best to hold the shell and extract the snails.