Date Added: Feb 24, 2011 Caribbean Vegetarian
This traditional Puerto Rican Sofrito recipe is a great flavor base that combines the bold flavors of tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers and herbs. It will add freshness and savory punch to your dish.
- 2 Each Spanish Onion, chopped
- 4 Each Cubanelle peppers, chopped
- 1 Each Red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 Each Ajices Dulces peppers
- 16 Each Garlic cloves
- 1 Each Cilantro bunch, leaves and stems
- 1 Each Culantro bunch, washed
- 4 Each Plum tomatoes, cored, chopped
- Place onions, all the peppers and the garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Add the cilantro and culantro, then pulse to fine chop.
- Add the tomatoes and puree to a smooth paste.
- Maybe refrigerated for up to a week or frozen in small batches.