Sous Vide Style Poached Eggs with Hollandaise Sauce
Eggs cooked with an immersion circulator are not strictly speaking cooked sous vide, since they aren’t vacuum sealed nevertheless these are perfect in shape and texture. Chef Fannar serves them with white asparagus, potatoes, leeks, touch of truffles and of course hollandaise sauce.
- 2 Each Eggs
- Pinch Salt
- To Taste Grated cheese
- To Taste Black Truffles
- To Taste Watercress
- Eggs are cooked in a circulator at 62.5C or 145F for 40 minutes.
- Let eggs rest for 5 minutes before you crack them open.
- When you cook the eggs in a circulator, the eggs are perfectly cooked and they keep a nice shape and have nice texture.
- You can also poach the eggs the traditional way if you don´t have a circulator at home!
- Season poached egg with salt.
- Place on a bed of potato puree.
- Serve these with poached white asparagus, sauteed leeks and boiled potatoes.
- Finish with grated cheese and black truffles.
- Garnish with watercress and crispy bread.