Stiff Chocolate Mousse
Date Added: Feb 27, 2012 French Desserts
This delicious Chocolate Mousse has a rich chocolate flavor and is light and airy with a velvety smooth texture. You and your guests will love it.
- 10 7/8 Ounce(s) Weight Chocolate, 70%
- 2 Each Egg whites
- 4 1/8 Ounce(s) Weight Sugar
- 7 1/8 Ounce(s) Weight Butter, room temperature
- 10 1/4 Ounce(s) Weight Heavy cream
- 6 Each Egg yolks
- Start by melting chocolate in a double boiler.
- Whisk egg whites to a soft peak.
- When egg whites become lightly frothy add sugar.
- Whisk cream to soft peak.
- Mix butter into chocolate.
- Add egg yolks to chocolate and Mix well.
- Now add chocolate to the egg whites and Mix.
- Fold whipped cream with chocolate mixture.
- When completely mixed place mixture in to a container lined with plastic film.
- Cool in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into serving size portions and enjoy.
- This chocolate mousse goes great with ice-cream and fruit reduction.