Sweet potato puree recipe
Date Added: Apr 14, 2011 American Side dishes
No Related Video Recipes Available.
This is a simple and delicious sweet potato puree recipe that is perfectly suitable for your Holiday meal. For more intense flavor Chef Mark Anthony Bynum roasts the potatoes and then adds spices and butter.
- 4 Each Medium sized sweet potatoes (about 5 lbs)
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Nutmeg
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Cinnamon
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Brown Sugar
- 2 Ounce(s) Weight Butter
- 5 Pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking pan and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Roast potatoes at 375 F for 1 hr and 15 min.
- Take potatoes out of the oven and cool for a few minutes.
- Peel the skin off the potatoes while hot.
- Place peeled potatoes into a mixer.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and butter to potatoes and mix well.
- Salt to taste.