Thai Fried Chicken Recipe
Date Added: Jun 14, 2012 Thai Entrees
Spice up your fried chicken and allow Chef Jarrett to show you his fantastic Thai Fried Chicken Recipe.
- 4 1/2 Pound(s) kilograms chicken legs and thighs
- 4 Each Large coriander (cilantro) roots, very lightly scraped (try using your thumbnail) and chopped fine
- 10 Each Coriander stems, chopped fine
- 3 Tea Spoon(s) Whole black peppercorns
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Red pepper flakes
- 14 Tea Spoon(s) Garlic cloves, medium size, chopped
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Salt
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Fish sauce
- ¾ Tea Spoon(s) Rice flour
- 5 Fluid ounce(s) Chicken stock
- First, finely chop the coriander roots and stems, and peel and roughly chop garlic.
- Place coriander and peppercorns into a mortar and pestle and pound to a paste, then add garlic and cayenne pepper and salt, continuing to pound to a fine paste.
- Stir in fish sauce and chicken stock and mix well. Then gradually incorporate the rice flour until you have a smooth, wet batter.
- Marinate chicken in this batter for at least two hours (ideally overnight).
- Take chicken out of the fridge and allow to reach room temperature before frying in oil at 350 to 375°F until just past golden brown. Allow chicken to cool on paper towels for a few minutes, then chop into pieces if you like, or serve whole.