Thai Green Mango Salad Recipe
Date Added: Jun 16, 2012 Thai Salads
Chef Jarrett's Thai Green Mango Salad Recipe is great for a warm summer day. You can substitute Grammy Smith apples if you can't find green mangoes.
- 1 Each Green mango (or substitute one granny smith apple)
- 1 Each long red Thai chili, seeded (or not, if you want more heat)
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Fish sauce
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Lime juice
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Coconut or white sugar
- 2 Each Shallots, sliced thinly, with the grain
- As Needed Coriander
- As Needed Mint
- Peel one green mango and then shred it or cut its flesh into thin matchsticks as shown on video.
- Then, add mango, fish sauce, sugar, shallots, and chili in a mortar and pestle (or a large bowl) and bruise the salad, tossing the ingredients together as you do so.
- Remove to a plate and garnish with coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve with the fish or the fried chicken, and some sticky or steamed rice.