Tom Kha Gai or Chicken Sour Soup in Coconut Milk Recipe
Date Added: Mar 24, 2012 Thai Soups/Stocks
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Try this traditional Thai Tom Kha Gai Recipe you can make it as spicy as you like. Chef Songsorn likes it Thai HOT!
- 1/2 Quart(s) Coconut milk
- 1 3/8 Cup(s) Chicken stock
- 2 Each Chicken legs
- 1 Cup(s) Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup(s) Galanga
- 1/4 Cup(s) Lemon grass
- 5 Each Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Each Shallot
- 5 Tea Spoon(s) Lime juice
- 5 Tea Spoon(s) Fish sauce
- 1/4 Cup(s) Coriander
- 4 Each Thai chili
- In a pot on medium heat add coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and add chicken.
- Allow the chicken to cook for 20 minutes and then add the mushrooms. Use fresh mushrooms not canned, it helps absorb the coconut milk.
- After 5 minutes add galanga, lemon grass, kafir lime leaves, shallots, lime juice, fish sauce, coriander and Thai chili.
- Allow to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve and enjoy!