Date Added: Jul 31, 2011 American Baking and Pastry
This is a very simple vanilla frosting recipe made with basic ingredients that you keep on hand. This is a delicious spread on cupcakes and cakes.
- 1/2 Cup(s) Vegetable shortening
- 1/2 Cup(s) Butter
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Vanilla extract, clear color
- 7 Tea Spoon(s) Milk (or water)
- 1 Pound(s) Confectioners' sugar
- Cream shortening, butter, until well incorporated.
- Add 1/4 of the powdered sugar and 1/4 of the milk at a time.
- Repeat the above step until all milk and powdered sugar have been throughly mixed in.
- mix at medium speed until creamy.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.