Warm salad of apples and spinach with stilton cheese
Date Added: Jul 9, 2011 American Salads
Great holiday warm salad of apples and spinach with Stilton cheese. Chef Johnny Vee makes the holidays special with this combination of sweet, salty & creamy apple salad.
- 1/4 Cup(s) Olive oil
- 8 Ounce(s) Weight Bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Shallots, chopped
- 8 Cup(s) Baby spinach
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Cup(s) Sherry vinegar
- 1/4 Cup(s) Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 2 Each Granny smith apples
- 4 Tea Spoon(s) Dried cranberries
- As Needed Ground pepper
- Pour olive oil in a pan and add bacon.
- Cook the bacon in the olive oil, once cooked remove bacon and pat dry.
- Leave oil in pan and add the chopped shallots, Dijon mustard & sherry vinegar. Be careful when adding your sherry. This will become your dressing.
- As soon as this is incorporated pour over your spinach and toss.
- Next, plate the spinach with your apples, crumbled Stilton
cheese & dried cranberries.
- Add ground pepper as needed.