Wild Duck Breast Cooked Sous Vide Style
Date Added: Jan 19, 2012 Scandinavian Appetizers
Chef Atli uses a Sous-Vide cooking technique and shows you how to make a delicious wild duck breast appetizer that is both sweet and savory.
- 4 Ounce(s) Weight Wild duck breast
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Rapeseed oil
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Butter
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Thyme
- As Needed Honey
- As Needed Salt
- As Needed Pepper
- Using a Sous-vide cooking technique take the wild duck breast, drizzle with grape seed oil and wrap in plastic wrap, making sure the ends are very tight.
- Place the duck breat in a water bath at 55 degrees Celsius or 130 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes remove the duck from the water bath and allow it to rest for 4 minutes.
- Next remove the plastic wrap and season with salt, pepper and a little bit of honey.
- Place olive oil in a hot pan with the butter, thyme, next add the duck breat. Cook each side for 30 seconds.
- Remove the duck breast from the pan and allow it to rest for a few minutes before plating.
- You are now ready to serve, click on these links to see the related videos for the Hazelnut Chocolate Glaze and Beets Baked in Salt Dough recipes.