Wing Bean Salad
Date Added: Apr 9, 2012 Thai Salads
Chef John shows you how to make a Central Thailand dish called Wing Bean Salad. If you can’t get wing beans you can substitute it with green beans or snap peas.
- 1 Cup(s) Wing beans
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Thai chili paste
- 5 Each Small Tiger prawns (Shrimp)
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Coconut milk
- 1 Each Hard boiled egg
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Sugar
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Fish sauce
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Chicken stock
- 3 Tea Spoon(s) Lime juice
- Cut the wing bean into 1/2 inch pieces, you can use snap peas as well.
- Then add the wing bean into boiling water for 5 minutes to blanch.
- After 5 minutes rinse under cold water.
- On medium heat in a sauce pan add chili paste, coconut milk and mix.
- Next add tiger prawns (shrimp).
- Once the tiger prawns are cooked add the wing bean and mix.
- Add chicken stock. If it is getting dry add more coconut milk.
- Next add fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
- Finsh with a hard boiled egg on top and enjoy!