Almond Crusted Wild King Salmon with Beurre Rouge
This is a delightful dish. Wild King Salmon Crusted with Sliced Almonds and served with a Beurre Rouge.(Red Wine Butter Sauce) Chef Kfir likes to serve this with his sauteed brussel sprouts.
- 1 Pound(s) Wild King Salmon, cut in to 2 portions
- 2 Each Egg Yolks
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Dijon Mustard
- 1 To Taste Kosher Salt
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Butter
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Blended Oil (75% neutral / 25% olive)
- 1/2 Cup(s) Almonds, sliced
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Beurre Rouge
- As Needed Cilantro (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the portions of Wild King Salmon with salt on both sides.
- Mix the yolks and mustard together and brush them on the show side of the fish (top side).
- Press the dressed side of the fish into the sliced almonds so they adhere to the salmon.
- In a thick bottom sauce pan, heat the butter and oil .
- Just as it is turning brown, add the salmon, almond side down.
- Do not move it around, let the crust set and turn golden brown.
- Once golden, approximately 4 minutes, gently flip the salmon and bake for 5 minutes.
- Let salmon rest for 5 minutes before serving to let juices settle.
- Plate the Beurre Rouge in a circle on the plate and place the salmon over it.
- Place vegetable of your choice around the plate and garnish with a bit of cilantro.
Mar 28, 2012
Don't use farm raised salmon.
Mar 25, 2012
Made it for my mom who is a great cook and she was impressed!
Mar 25, 2012
I have made this dish many times and it so good, in fact when I have to impress I make this for dinner. The first time I made the red wine butter sauce it over reduced and I had to start over again so when you are reducing the sauce you really have to watch carefully. I love this dish!!