Apple Caramel Sauce
Date Added: Sep 22, 2010 American Desserts
No Related Video Recipes Available.
The make a tasty Carmel sauce it only takes 4 Simple ingredients to transform any dessert; sugar, heavy cream, apples, and butter.
- 4 Cup(s) Sugar
- 1 Quart(s) Heavy Cream
- 2 Each Granny Smith Apples, peeled and diced
- 3 Tea Spoon(s) Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Butter
- Add sugar to a large pot on medium-high heat
- When sugar starts to caramelize on sides, turn heat down to low
- When sugar starts to bubble, start stirring and push any sugar lumps down to dissolve
- Keep stirring until caramel turns liquid
- In another pot, add heavy cream
- Once heavy cream is scalded, turn off heat
- Add heavy cream to caramel a little bit at a time, whisking constantly
- Once heavy cream is incorporated, whisk in lemon juice and butter
- Once butter is melted, add in apples and mix
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 7 minutes
- Serve over any dessert and enjoy!