Asparagus, Leek & Potato Frittata
Frittata is a type of an Italian omelet. This Frittata is enriched with asparagus, leeks, potatoes, peppers and herbs. You can use any vegetable you have on hand. Try baby spinach with mushrooms, zucchini with chicken sausages or red pepper and goat cheese. This Frittata is a perfect lunch or light supper and can be served with a salad of spring greens and bread.
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Olive oil (or 1 tbs butter)
- ½ Each Onion medium sized, thinly sliced
- ½ Each Pepper chopped small
- 1/2 Cup(s) Chopped leeks (white and pale green only)
- 3 Each Small baby red potatoes cooked, sliced thin
- 8 Each Asparagus stalks, cooked
- 1 Each Tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/4 tsb dried)
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Fresh parsley
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Chopped chives
- 1/4 Cup(s) Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 Each Organic eggs
- To Taste Sea salt
- To Taste Ground pepper
- Prep all veggies, preheat broiler.
- Steam asparagus and boil potatoes for 10 minutes, keeping firm, drain.
- Sauté onions and leeks in oil until golden, about 4 minutes, add red pepper then add cut 1/2 inch pieces of asparagus and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Set this mixture aside in a bowl.
- Lightly whisk while eggs in a medium bowl with cheese, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- Add the mixture to the eggs, the asparagus leek, red pepper mixture.
- Wipe out sauté pan, heat and melt butter, pour egg mixture with veggies.
- Gently stirring to distribute the vegetables, letting the eggs Set a bit.
- Then in a circular design lay down potatoes on top. Cook over low heat until the underside is light golden 5 to 8 minutes on low heat.
- Place pan under broiler until the top of the frittata is puffed out and golden brown.
- This should take about 2 minutes.
- Loosen the frittata and slide onto a platter.
- Garnish with chives, parsley and chopped tomato, cut into wedges and serve.