No Related Video Recipes Available.
Asparagus Leek Soup
Date Added: Mar 7, 2010 Continental Soups/Stocks
A Great healthy Asparagus Leek Soup, perfect to heal and warm your soul.
- 2 Pound(s) Asparagus (thin is best)
- 3 Each Shallots, chopped small
- 4 Each Leeks, white parts only, washed and sliced
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Olive oil
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Parsley, chopped
- 10 Cup(s) Vegetable stock,organic cut with water if desired
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Organic butter (optional)
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Pepper
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Lemon peel (optional)
- Snap off the lower ends of the asparagus where they break easily when bent. Rinse well.
- Cut off tips of asparagus and set aside. Roughly chop the stems into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil and sauté shallots, then the leeks, until soft and fragrant for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and stock and bring to a boil, then simmer until asparagus are just tender, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and parsley and puree the soup.
- For garnish: In another pot cook the asparagus tips you set aside, by steaming or blanching in a little salted water, just until tender, strain and add to soup as a garnish.
- You can also add as garnish parsley, and a swirl of light cream or yogurt & lemon peel.