Date Added: Dec 5, 2010 Italian Side dishes
Asparagus Oreganata is blanched asparagus roasted in the oven with brown butter, parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs. Perfect side dish for any special occasion, I like to serve it on Thanksgiving.
- 2 Pound(s) Standard Asparagus, stems cut off
- 1 Cup(s) Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 6 Table Spoon(s) Butter
- 3/4 Cup(s) Panko Bread Crumbs, plain
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blanch asparagus in salted boiling water for about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove from water and strain.
- Place asparagus in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese all over asparagus.
- Add butter to a saute pan on medium high heat.
- Once butter is foaming and bubbling, remove from heat and spoon over asparagus.
- Sprinkle Panko Bread Crumbs over asparagus.
- Roast asparagus in oven for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!