Date Added: Oct 13, 2010 Caribbean Side dishes
Banana Fritters are mashed bananas mixed with water, sugar and flour to form a banana batter then fried in oil.
- 3 Each Bananas, ripe
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Flour
- 1 Cup(s) Water
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Sugar
- 2 Pinch Salt
- As Needed Oil (for frying)
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Add bananas to a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Toss in flour, water, sugar and salt and mix.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to 375 degrees.
- Add about 1 tbsp batter to frying pan and fry one side until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side, fry each fritter being careful not to overcrowd pan.